Deleting a Facebook group is not a hard task, you can do it in just two to three steps. But first, you need to know what the Facebook group is and why you need to delete it.
What is Facebook Group?
The Facebook group is also a community of people like a Facebook Page. But there is some difference between Facebook group and Facebook page. In Facebook page users only can view the post, share, and comment on it. They cannot publish their own post to the page but only admin or editor of the page whom the page owner assigns any role about his page. In the Facebook group every member of the group can also share their own ideas, posts, they can also ask questions, get information about anything. People can share their views with each other that’s why it is a useful thing to get knowledge about anything. But there is also some privacy which the group owner can be used. For example, the group owner can change the group policy as nobody can share their posts to the group but only the admin. It is not the default setting but admin can do it. Or admin can change the setting of the posts, once it would be review by the admin then admin will publish in the group if the post will fulfill the requirements of the group policy.
And I think it is the best thing so nobody can go against the group rules and policy and group can be run without any unfair issue.
Why You Need to Delete the Facebook Group?
As you know Facebook group is a social community where people share their ideas, but sometimes the group owner thinks that this group does not fulfill its whole requirement as he thought. Or he wants to leave the social media because he has the business where he wants to spend the time. The group is just wasting his time or it can be many reasons that the group owner may have and want to delete the group.
How to Delete the Facebook Group?
How to Delete Facebook Group through Web Browser
- Go to facebook.com and sign in to your account.
- Open the groups from the navigation bar.
- Select the group which you want to delete.
- Now click on members. All members will display. Click on each member and tap to the “More”.
3. A drop-down menu will appear. Click on “Remove from the group” next hit “confirm”.
- Do the same and remove all members one by one. When all members removed click on your name. From the drop-down menu select “leave the group” then tap “Leave and Delete”.
How to Delete the Group through Mobile
- Open the Facebook mobile app from your android phone.
- Sign in your account if you are not already signed in.
- From the menu tab select groups.
- Click on groups “See All” and then “group you manage” all groups display.
- Select the group you want to delete. Open the group. Click on “See All” all members will show.
- Select each member and tap “remove member”. Do this to all members one by one until all members removed completely.
- Now click on your name and select “Leave the Group”, a confirmation message will display once you leave the group it can’t be undone. Tap “Leave and Delete”.
- Group has been deleted permanently.